Become a Master Gardener Volunteer
Find Upcoming Training Locations in your area.
Steps for Becoming a MSU Extension Master Gardener
- Check out the scheduled training locations listed under Upcoming Training Locations.
- Click on the link to enroll for the appropriate class location. The enrollment process includes payment (check or credit card) of a $300 registration fee and completion of the online application at this same link.
- Complete the required 13-week training program .
- Within one year of successfully completing the training program, complete 40 hours of horticulture-based service volunteering to share research-based garden knowledge with others in your community.
- Receive your MSU Extension Master Gardener Program certification and badge.
- Maintain your MSU Extension MG status by completing at least 15 hours of community service and five hours of education each year.
- If you have questions about the training and requirements please contact the person listed for the class location you are interested in participating in.